Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia is a statutory body formed under the Sustainable Energy Development Authority Act 2011. The key role of SEDA Malaysia is to administer and manage the implementation of the feed-in tariff mechanism which is mandated under the Renewable Energy Act 2011.
We seek talented, dedicated, passionate, relentless, innovative and highly motivated individuals to join us in developing the sustainable energy industry and enforcement of the Renewable Energy Act 2011 within a strong regulatory framework. If you value a fast-paced atmosphere in a start-up environment with outstanding colleagues dedicated to developing the sustainable energy industry, there may be an opportunity for you!
Candidates should be positive thinking, analytical and conceptual, able to grasp and apply theory and enjoy robust discussion. Strong communication and analytical skills are key requirements. Innovative, dedicated and highly motivated Malaysians are invited to apply for these vacant positions:
Programmer, Digital Services Division
Technical requirements for the post are as follows:
- Degree or Master’s degree in IT/Computer Science/Electronic or related field;
- At least 3 years working experience in system development;
- Experience in developing system using Framework and MVC;
- Strong proficiency LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP);
- Strong proficiency with REST APIs, front-end technologies for web, mobile;
- Experience building database-driven applications and web sites;
- Able to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues;
- Highly analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Responsible, discipline and minimum supervision; and
- Good communication among team members;
Potential candidates must possess the following:
- presentable and confident;
- assertive and at the same time diplomatic and tact;
- meticulous in their work, with strong attention to details;
- highly analytical and methodical;
- ability to work under pressure and with all levels of society;
- accountable and quick in decision making;
- highly results driven with a strong sense of urgency;
- Participate in discussions with cross-functional team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions;
- Develop, enhance, debug, test and maintain applications;
- Proactively contribute to architectural design discussions and carry out the architectural vision guided by architects;
- Recognise pros/cons about short-term vs. long-term design and implementations. Suggest pathways to resolution including phasing of deliverables;
- Implement recommended design changes, unit tests and regression tests for both performance and data integrity;
- Manage source codes version control and provide code reviews for quality assurance;
- Work closely with other functional teams in different division to ensure successful delivery of features;
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions to technology challenges;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in the dev, test, and production environments; and
- Keep up to date with latest web & technologies, trends and programming techniques.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.seda.gov.my for further details of the recruitment. Application can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to the address below. Please states the position applied for and kindly attach your resume or personal details with the application.
Chief Executive Officer
Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia
Galeria PjH, Level 9, Jalan P4W, Persiaran Perdana
Presint 4, 62100 Putrajaya
(Attn: Director of HR&A)
Closing date: 9 July 2020
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants who do not receive any notice within a month of the closing date should consider themselves as unsuccessful.