Innovations for a decentralised, renewable-powered system: Peer-to-peer electricity trading
This joint webinar by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and the Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) in Malaysia will discuss transitioning electricity consumers to prosumers. The event takes place in the view of an increasing decentralised power system, innovative technologies, regulations and business models lead to higher share of renewables in power systems.
IRENA’s presentation will focus on the role of increased demand side flexibility and innovative solutions that the decentralisation brings for the integration of high shares of renewable energy resources in the power system. SEDA will share the experiences and lessons learnt from Malaysia’s 1st pilot run of peer-to-peer (p2p) energy trading, built on Power Ledger platform. Power Ledger will focus on the underlying blockchain technology that supports p2p trading projects, which also runs trials in Australia, Japan, Thailand and United States.
- Opening address & Introduction
- Innovation Landscape report for a renewable-powered future, Arina Anisie, Associate Programme Officer, IRENA
- Welcoming remarks
- Ir Dr Sanjayan Velautham, CEO, SEDA
- Renewable integration and power system decentralisation, Francisco Boshell, Renewable Energy Markets and Standards Analyst, IRENA
- Case Study: Pilot Run of P2P Energy Trading, Hazril Izan bin Bahari, Director, SEDA
- Blockchain energy use-cases and real applications deployed around the world,Vinod Tiwari, Head of Business Development & Sales, Power Ledger
- Panel discussion and Q&A
- Moderator: Arina Anisie, IRENA
Register to attend.