Following the announcement by the Sustainable Energy Development Authority of Malaysia (SEDA) on 5th October 2020 regarding the quota allocation under the Net Energy Metering (NEM) scheme based on one-to-one offset (NEM 2.0), SEDA Malaysia as the implementing agency for NEM 2.0 wishes to inform that the deadline for submission of NEM 2.0 applications is on 31st December 2020 or until the 500MW quota is fully allocated, whichever comes first.
Interested applicants must submit a complete application together with payment to SEDA Malaysia by 31st December 2020 through the e-NEM system. If the submission is found to be incomplete or non-compliant with any of the conditions set forth in the NEM guidelines, it will result in the rejection of the NEM application and no appeals will be entertained. The following are among the reasons for the rejection of NEM application:
- The information or documents submitted are incomplete or incorrect;
- A review by TNB indicating that the applicant’s account has the following status:
- Unpaid or outstanding bills;
- Meter tampering case;
- Applicants under multi / Landlord-tenant properties scheme; and
- No NEM Assessment Study (NEMAS) approval by TNB*.
Important / Additional Notes
* For NEM applications above 72kWac, the NEMAS approval from TNB is required prior to submitting the NEM application to SEDA Malaysia. Applicants are advised to submit the NEMAS application to TNB as soon as possible to ensure that the NEMAS approval can be obtained within the stipulated timeframe.