Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia is a statutory body formed under the Sustainable Energy Development Authority Act 2011. The key role of SEDA Malaysia is to administer and manage the implementation of the feed-in tariff mechanism which is mandated under the Renewable Energy Act 2011.
We seek talented, dedicated, passionate, relentless, innovative and highly motivated individuals to join us in developing the renewable energy industry and enforcement of the Renewable Energy Act 2011 within a strong regulatory framework. If you value a fast-paced atmosphere in an emerging environment (the age of fossil fuel is over and the era of renewable is now) that is gaining importance with outstanding colleagues dedicated to developing the renewable energy market and industry, this may be an opportunity for you.
Candidates should be passionate about growing the sustainable energy agenda in the country, have relevant technical knowledge, strong communication and analytical skills. The core values of the candidate should align with SEDA’s guiding principles such as being accountable, upholding quality governance which includes integrity, openness and trust in expending duties, and being efficient. Innovative, dedicated and highly motivated Malaysians are invited to apply for this vacant position:
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia as a Professional Engineer;
- A degree with Honours or Master degree holder of Engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering and PhD holder is an added advantage;
- Have at least 15 years of related working experience;
- In-depth knowledge regarding the operation of the electric utility distribution system, including connectivity methods and effects generator of renewable energy sources into the distribution system;
- Have the relevant skills on the calculation method and costs involved in the generation, transmission and distribution utility, including tariff setting and displaced cost;
- Has technical knowledge regarding the design and operation of the generators of renewable energy, including solar photovoltaic, biogas, biomass, small hydro, geothermal and wind;
- Has knowledgeable and experience on mechanical/ electrical system including electrical and thermal safety;
- Experience in energy management, energy auditing, green buildings and/ or energy efficient low carbon building facilitation, building services, design and energy simulation modelling is an advantageous;
- Has extensive experience in project management aspect at least for 10 years;
- Has knowledge, skills and experience in technology forecasting, market and business development, contracting, negotiating, change management and international as well as public relations;
- Experienced in drafting policies, strategies and implementation procedures as well as the ability to develop financial plans, resource management and strategic management;
- Ability to analyse financial data and to identify sources of finance;
- Has professional communication skills in written and verbal as well as good interpersonal skills and team motivation.
Potential candidates must possess the following:
- Malaysian citizen;
- High integrity and excellent work ethics, with strong sense of responsibility, commitment and discipline;
- Ability to work under pressure and with all levels of society;
- Self-motivated, pro-active and with strong analytical qualities;
- Meticulous in work, with strong attention to details;
- Highly results driven with a strong sense of urgency;
- Passionate on the subject matter of sustainable energy;
- Must have strong technical expertise and knowledge pertaining to energy matters.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.seda.gov.my for further details of the recruitment. Application can be made by emailing email@example.com or via postal mail to the address below. Please states the position applied for and kindly attach your resume or personal details with the application.
Chief Executive Officer
Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia
Galeria PjH, Level 9, Jalan P4W, Persiaran Perdana
Presint 4, 62100 Putrajaya
(Attn: Director of HR&A)
Closing date: 20 June 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants who do not receive any notice within a month of the closing date should consider themselves as unsuccessful.