Guidelines of Solar Photovoltaic Installation on Net Energy Metering (NEM) Scheme
PROCEDURE FOR NET ENERGY METERING ASSESSMENT STUDY (NEMAS)
Before applying for the NEM application, the interested party is required to contact the Distribution Licensee (TNB) to conduct NEM Assessment Study (NEMAS) for installation above 72 kW. The requirement for a mandatory study is generally based on the rated kW of the proposed installation as shown table below :
|Installed Capacity||Study Required||Fee of Study|
|>72 kW - 180 kW||Yes||RM1,000.00|
|>180 kW - 425 kW||Yes||RM5,000.00|
|>425 kW - 1 MW||Yes||RM8,000.00|
The studies shall be conducted by the DL or its appointed consultant to establish the technical and safety requirements and determine the feasibility of the connection.
PROCEDURE FOR NEM METER APPLICATION AND SIGNING NEM CONTRACT
- Please click the Flowchart of NEM Meter Application Process for the details on workflow.
- NEM applicant must submit the application, only after all of the installation work for Solar PV fully completed.
- Please ensure that meter requirement is fulfilled according to TNB’s Electricity Supply Application Handbook (ESAH) obtainable from TNB’s website, prior submitting the application.
- Kindly update the customer’s email address in NEM Meter Application Form and NEM Declaration Form in order to ensure delivery of demand letter, NEM Welcome Letter and NEM bill.
- Only fully-completed application will be processed. Incomplete application will be returned to applicant. TNB reserves the right to reject incomplete submission.
- Submission must be done at TNB Subzone Office, including the following forms and supporting documents:
Net Energy Metering (NEM) Meter Application with all of the forms and supporting documents as below :-
NEM Contract including the following forms and supporting documents as below:-