Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia is a statutory body formed under the Sustainable Energy Development Authority Act 2011. The key role of SEDA Malaysia is to administer and manage the implementation of the feed-in tariff mechanism which is mandated under the Renewable Energy Act 2011.
We seek talented, dedicated, passionate, relentless, innovative and highly motivated individuals to join us in developing the sustainable energy industry and enforcement of the Renewable Energy Act 2011 within a strong regulatory framework. If you value a fast-paced atmosphere in a start-up environment with outstanding colleagues dedicated to developing the sustainable energy industry, there may be an opportunity for you!
Candidates should be positive thinking, analytical and conceptual, able to grasp and apply theory and enjoy robust discussion. Strong communication and analytical skills are key requirements. Innovative, dedicated and highly motivated Malaysians are invited to apply for these vacant positions:
SENIOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR/ DEPUTY DIRECTOR, MARKET OPERATIONS
Technical requirements for the post are as follows:
- Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years working experience in power generation sector or in renewable energy field;
- Have general understanding of the renewable energy market in Malaysia;
- Familiar with the Renewable Energy Act 2011 and subsidiary legislations.
- Show knowledge of relevant legislations surrounding the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) mechanism and Net Energy Metering (NEM) scheme in Malaysia;
- Good understanding of construction contracts, methods and relevant standards ideally in the renewable energy sector;
- Experience in drafting normative documents, power purchase agreements and energy related regulatory documents and knowledge of the best solutions available in the region would also be highly advantageous;
- Have basic knowledge in finance and monitoring of projects (project management);
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, and
- Well versed in spoken and written Malay and English.
Potential candidates must possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, management and presentation skills;
- Ability to prioritise, plan effectively and execute all plans efficiently;
- Accountable, assertive and at the same time diplomatic and tact;
- Highly analytical, methodical and results driven with a strong sense of urgency;
- Willing to learn and capable of executing any tasks assigned; and
- Presentable and confident.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.seda.gov.my for further details of the recruitment. Application can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to the address below. Please states the position applied for and kindly attach your resume or personal details with the application.
Chief Executive Officer
Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia
Galeria PjH, Level 9, Jalan P4W, Persiaran Perdana
Presint 4, 62100 Putrajaya
(Attn: Director of HRA)
Closing date: 25 May 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants who do not receive any notice within a month of the closing date should consider themselves as unsuccessful.