Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia is a statutory body formed under the Sustainable Energy Development Authority Act 2011. The key role of SEDA Malaysia is to administer and manage the implementation of the feed-in tariff mechanism which is mandated under the Renewable Energy Act 2011.
We seek talented, dedicated, passionate, relentless, innovative and highly motivated individuals to join us in developing the sustainable energy industry and enforcement of the Renewable Energy Act 2011 within a strong regulatory framework. If you value a fast-paced atmosphere in a start-up environment with outstanding colleagues dedicated to developing the sustainable energy industry, there may be an opportunity for you!
Candidates should be positive thinking, analytical and conceptual, able to grasp and apply theory and enjoy robust discussion. Strong communication and analytical skills are key requirements. Innovative, dedicated and highly motivated Malaysians are invited to apply for these vacant positions
SENIOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/ ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC PLANNING DIVISION – TWO (2) VACANCIES
Technical requirements for the post are as follows:
- Minimum, a degree holder in Engineering/Economics/Energy related field;
- At least 3 years of working experience in a related field;
- Possess a high interest in analytical-based activities;
- Ability to understand the electricity market’s constraints and needs;
- Ability to translate high-level insights into implementation processes;
- Ability to analyse and synthesize energy data for the purpose of formulating and developing sustainable energy policies and strategies to achieve sustainable energy goals;
- Excellent understanding on energy issues: national, regional and global energy trends and development
- Ability to translate and develop new information resources, publication materials for internal and general reference;
- Strong collaboration required to work with stakeholders;
- Those with experience in the power generation sector or in renewable energy will be highly valued; and
- Knowledge of policy, law, the Malaysia Electricity Supply Industry and Malaysia Renewable Energy Roadmap would be highly advantageous.
Potential candidates must possess the following:
- People oriented and team player with good communication and presentation skills;
- Positive attitude towards contributing to the growth in industry;
- Analytical and able to forecast the market trend;
- Able to work independently and multitasking with minimal supervision;
- High capacity to upskills;
- Assertive and at the same time diplomatic and tact;
- Accountable and quick in decision making; and
- Highly results driven with a strong sense of urgency.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.seda.gov.my for further details of the recruitment. Application can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to the address below. Please state the position applied for and kindly attach your resume or personal details with the application.
Chief Executive Officer
Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia
Galeria PjH, Level 9, Jalan P4W, Persiaran Perdana
Presint 4, 62100 Putrajaya
(Attn: Deputy Director of HRA)
Closing date: 05/06/2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants who do not receive any notice within a month of the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful.