- Energy audit conditional grant (EACG 2.0) is an energy efficiency programme under the 12th Malaysia plan (RMk-12) for the implementation year of 2021-2025.
- This programme is supported by grants which were allocated for the year 2021 until 2025 to commercial and industrial sectors to collaborate with local energy service companies (ESCOs) registered with the energy commission (ST) to conduct energy audit in their buildings.
- Grant from government to industrial and commercial building/installation owner.
- Grant disbursement will be on first-come-first-serve basis based on the application approval.
Objective Of The Programme
- Provide financial facility (assistance) to building/installation owner to do energy audit to implement energy saving at their premises.
- To promote energy audit exercise to establish the current energy consumption baseline and identify potential energy saving in their premises.
- To provide platform for assistance and facilitation to commercial building and industrial installation owner to implement energy saving in a systematic way.
- Capacity development in energy management to commercial and industrial sector.
- To foster awareness the important of energy management among commercial and industrial premises owner in Malaysia to reduce energy consumption (save energy and save operational cost).
Who Is Eligible To Apply?
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
Operational cost energy consumption reduced after implementation of potential Energy Saving Measures (ESM) advised in Energy Audit report.
Sustainable Energy Industry
Capacity development for ESCOs to fulfil the current and future demand of energy management in industrial and commercial sector.
Promoting the energy saving, low carbon and sustainable energy initiatives indirectly assisting Malaysia in achieving carbon reduction targets.
Reduces the demand for electricity generation, and therefore reduces carbon emission
Amount Of Grant Can Be Applied
- Definition of Energy Audit.
- A process to evaluate where a building or plant uses energy, and identify opportunities to reduce consumption.
- Systematic way to identify potential energy, cost, and carbon reduction, under energy management format.
- Reference of energy audit :
b. Energy Audit shall be conducted by Energy Service Company (ESCO) that registered under ST (www.st.gov.my/web/consumer/esco).
- Applicant (owner) must appoint an ESCO that registered with energy commission (www.st.gov.my/web/consumer/esco)
- To assign ESCO to conduct energy audit exercise within a period of 2 month after signing contract with SEDA Malaysia.
- Applicant/Owner need to implement part of the proposed energy saving measures within the 3 years after the energy audit. Applicant/Owner are free to contact SEDA Malaysia for facilitation or advisory and strategy to implement energy saving measures in order to enjoy maximum energy saving benefits.
- Free Energy Management & Energy Audit Training.
- Free guidance & facilitation / advisory by SEDA Malaysia after the energy audit (during energy saving implementation period).
- Potential link for no capex energy savings implementation offers by government agency.
- Free access to use SEDA’s building energy data online system (BEDOS) for routine energy and carbon emission and reduction monitoring (www.seda.gov.my/bedos)
- Potential recognition under:
- Sustainable Energy Low Carbon Building Assessment GreenPASS (www.seda.gov.my/greenpass)
- Building Energy Index (BEI) Labelling (ST).
- National Energy Award (KeTSA).
- ASEAN Energy Award (ASEAN Centre for Energy).
COMMERCIAL BUILDING APPLICANT
INDUSTRIAL INSTALLATION APPLICANT
EACG RMK12 PROGRAM ACTIVITIES (PHOTO GALLERY)
|EXECUTING MINISTRY :
MINISTRY OF ENERGY TRANSITION AND WATER TRANSFORMATION (PETRA)
|IMPLEMENTING AGENCY :